Digaa Enterprises Ltd. is a General Contracting company and is one of the major employers in Fort Providence.
Digaa was established in October of 1983 and is 100% owned by the Dene and Métis of Fort Providence.
The Board of Directors for Digaa are appointed. Three appointments are made by the Deh Gah Got’ie Dene Council and two appointments by the Fort Providence Metis Nation, Local #57. These appointments are made on a term basis and are representative of the share structure.
Digaa’s Management has remained constant for the past 28 years.
The following is a list of some of the major projects and achievements of Digaa over the company’s 30 year history,
- Re-Construction of Yellowknife Highway #3
- Construction of Several Commercial & Residential Buildings in Fort Providence, including an addition to the Deh Gah School, new RCMP Detachment, Curling Rink and approximately 40 new residential homes.
- Establishment of Evergreen Forestry Management Ltd. for the Provision of Fire Suppression Crews for the GNWT
- Establishment & operation of Deh Cho Wilderness Tours Ltd. for the Provision of Big Game Bison Trophy Hunts
- Establishment & operation of Snowshoe/Digaa Ventures Ltd. for the Operation of the Mackenzie River Ferry
- Establishment of the Fort Providence Employment Centre
- Establishment & operation of Axe Point Adult Offenders Camp
- Establishment and operation of a Satellite Motor Vehicles Office
- Real Estate Division (Commercial & Residential Leasing)
- Various Joint Ventures (i.e. Oil/Gas Work in the Cameron Hills)
- Vehicle & Boat Rentals
- Horn River Road Remediation Project
- Involvement with the construction of the Deh Cho Bridge (labourers, iron workers, equipment operators, water sampling & water foul surveys)
Board of Directors & Management
Michael Vandell, President
Clifford McLeod, Vice President
Berna Landry, Secretary Treasurer
James Christie, Director
Theresa Bonnetrouge, Director
Bob Head, Manager